This is the first part of the CodeIgniter 2.20 tutorials series. In this part, you will learn how simple it is to install CodeIgniter in XAMPP.
Lets assume that the web application you are making is “yourapp”.
- First go to CodeIgniter website and download it.
- Now go to your www or htdocs folder in XAMPP and create a new folder for your application. Lets name it yourapp.
- Copy the downloaded CodeIgniter .zip file into your folder (yourapp) and unzip it. You will have a folder looking like this.
- Now go to the following link in your browser: http://localhost/yourapp/
- You will be presented with the welcome screen of codeigniter.
At this stage, you have CodeIgniter ready for your application development. The page you are seeing is a view at application/views/welcome_message.php which is loaded using the controller at application/controllers/welcome.php