In this guide, you will learn to use CSS and JS files by calling them from the VIEW (not the controller). In the coming lessons, I will also write on importing assets using Controller but here, we are using views.
- First, install Codeigniter using the method as described here.
- Then make your own homepage using the method explained here.
Now that we are set up, lets get started!
- Go to your Codeigniter folder and add a folder called assets such that it should look like this yourwebsite/assets/ For reference, look at the following
- Inside /assets/ create three folders which should look like this
- CSS folder named css
- In the css folder, create style.css
- Go to your homepage and paste the following in the <head> tag.
Please note that this guide is applicable on using XAMPP. For web server, you may have different folder paths for example:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo base_url("assets/cover.css"); ?>">
I hope you find this tutorial informational. Do not forget to comment and share 🙂